Monday, December 8, 2014

Bienvinguda!


Welcome to my blog! My name is Elvira Violante Ballesteros, and I am an active member of the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism). I'm located in the East Kingdom, in the Shire of Quintavia (Worcester, MA).

The SCA is an organization for folks that enjoy researching, and recreating life from the middle ages. From Early period life, to about the end of the 16th century. People with a multitude of interests come together on a regular basis to create an experience not easily put into words. I've been a member for three years now, and I've finally decided to start documenting my research, and projects here.

I hope in time, that my research and work can help other find their passion in the SCA, and encourage more people to explore the hobby that is, medieval reenactment.

My persona is currently in it's very rough stages, and it took me over a year to finally narrow down a time period and a name. The household I'm a member of can attest to that. I've had 3 or 4 names up until this point (including the one I FINALLY registered). The time period I've chosen is during the early years of the Spanish Inquisition, but that's about as far as I've gotten thus far.

So come along with me on my journey through medieval Spain, and learn with me! GrĂ cies

No comments:

Post a Comment